Friday, May 23, 2008

InterLink Control is a Terrible Home or Office Security System Provider Serving Atlanta, Loganville, Lawrenceville, Snellville & Metro Atlanta GA

Why Interlink Control in Atlanta, GA Couldn't Even Monitor Their Own Poop Schedules

InterLink Control Home Security in Atlanta, GA has officially proven themselves to be the best of the worst home security system providers in Atlanta, GA. They have also officially ticked off the worst person, as I will be applying 100% of my SEO knowledge into warning the world of this fraudulently home security company in Atlanta, GA that lacks service, lacks professionalism, lacks integrity and can only be described as dishonest and incompetent.

So What's The Big Deal?

About 2 years ago they were hired by me to do a job. The job included installing a security system and monitoring my home. Where did they fall completely short?

1. My alarm has gone off on more than one occasion, where no phone call was made to the police, or to my home.
2. I have given them the incorrect password before, and it has been accepted by the company with no further identification.
3. My alarm keypad has had errors on it for 3 MONTHS and they have promised several times that a tech would call us... butt no call.
4. They want to charge us $75 + $30/hr for somebody to come fix THEIR broken equipment.
5. Lee, who is a manager there, sounds like a girl on the telephone and is the "King of the "Ums""
6. Lee's favorite word is "Um."
7. When each of these issues were explain to Lee, he answered "Um."

The Bigger Problem

After having all of these issues occur, we tried to cancel our home security system provided to us by InterLink Control. They're response? "You will have to pay a $150 cancellation fee."

So... they suck at what they do, have defaulted on holding their side of the contract, which was to monitor my services, and to top it off they want me to pay them for their inadequacies.

The Solution

1. I will be blogging about them frequently in order to promote their terrible services and brand awareness.
2. I will be reporting them to the Better Business Bureau.
3. I will be calling them frequently, every week, just to say "you smell like doo doo and so does your momma!"
4. I will not stop being obnoxious until this blog turns up on the first page of Google for their search terms which have been pulled out of their website's content, meta tags, title tags and keywords.

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND AND DON'T USE INTER LINK CONTROL!

P.S. I have purchased the domain www.InterlinkControlSucks.com. It should be feeding this blog live very soon.

6 comments:

Johnson said...

That's my brother!

-Kelly

DD said...

Have you reviewed them on Kudzu? I recommend you do that.

The blog is risky for you, because they could potentially sue you for defamation.

Just be careful..

Keith Courtney said...

I think your in the clear. Freedom of speech, bro. Woot.

The Webb Master said...

I know it's risky... that's the kind of person I am. If it starts getting hot, then I'll remove their new custom logo "Interstink Control."

It's not my fault they have ticked a good paying, always on-time with my payment, loyal customer off completely!

Charley said...

As a former employee of this company, I can honestly say you are dead on. After all, the manager has NO experience what so ever. He used to work at a trucking company. As far as Lee goes, well, Lee is Lee, and he is just one little piece of the "puzzle". Just following orders. I have over 30+ years experience in the industry. I was being told " just go put it in, and we will worry about makeing it work later". Want some more good reading? Check the Cobb County Court records. Interlink Control is in the fiasco with Cobb EMC. ( too long to explain here, but do the research, it's great reading )

Sharong said...

I am also a former customer of Interlink Control. Boy do I wish I had done an internet search on them before signing a contract. All of the points you have made I have experienced. Now it would seem I will be in a battle with them for not renewing my contract, for service that never worked properly. I feel they have already gotten free money from me. The alarm system only worked 3 months. After that it never worked again. Now they are billing me $417.77. They will rot before ever seeing another dime from me.